Move to Zero
Nike's journey toward zero carbon and zero waste, has a singular aim: Help protect the future of sport.
It is a continuation of Nike's deep commitment to sustainability and is driven by belief that protecting the planet means protecting the future of sport against climate change.
Key Move to Zero Initiatives
1. Nike will power owned-and-operated facilities with 100 percent renewable energy by 2025.
2. Nike will reduce carbon emissions across its global supply chain by 30 percent by 2030, in line with the Paris Agreement of 2015.
3. Nike diverts 99 percent of all footwear manufacturing waste from landfills.
4. Additionally, Nike diverts more than 1 billion plastic bottles per year from landfills to create yarns for new jerseys and uppers for Flyknit shoes.
5. The Reuse-A-Shoe and Nike Grind programs convert waste into new products, playgrounds, running tracks and courts.